Red Ink accepts submissions of all forms. We love reading, we love viewing art, and we love posting your [slightly edited] submissions on our website.
Acceptable submission types include, but are not limited to:
- writing (poetry, prose, creative nonfiction, personal essays, hypothetical political discourse, screenplays, an excerpt of that novel you’ve been working on…)
- music (sheet music, song lyrics, recordings, music videos, solos, chamber orchestra performances)
- 2-D and 3-D visual art (paintings, drawings, photography, digital art, sculpture, short films, youtube videos…)
Artists and writers will retain all rights to their work even after it has been posted on Red Ink.
Though we’re open to practically any submissions from students and faculty alike, we do have a few guidelines that will make the publication of your work much, much simpler:
- All submissions must include your name, grade, and email address. If you wish to remain anonymous on our website, type in the word “Anonymous” next to your name.
- All forms of writing must be less than 2500 words in length.
- Submissions must be sent in an editable document (Word, Google Doc, Open Office, etc.)
- Use size 12 Times New Roman font.
- All forms of videos or recordings must be under 15 minutes long. (Of course, this is subject to file size limitations.)
- All forms of 3-D art must be submitted as a photo of one’s art piece.
- All submissions must be sent digitally.
- Submissions of photographs and images may be limited by file size. In other words, if a file is too big or too small, the Red Ink staff may not be able to accept it as a submission.
- When submitting, please keep the mission statement of Wellesley High School in mind—nothing excessively provocative or problematic will be posted.
If you are unable to digitally submit your work due to problems with photography or a scanner, please contact the Red Ink staff. We have a camera and a scanner… and we would love to help you!
If you have any questions about whether your can submit your piece of art to the Red Ink, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.